3.13.2012

My Chocolate Truffle

Drunken Prune Truffles 

My Chocolate Truffle

I gladly sit here eating my truffle
Wondering if there will be enuffle
I take three bites and close my eyes
Not even caring about its small size
Flavors dance atop my tongue
A chocolate melody it has sung
After a few bites, I'm ready to say
That I've had enough truffle today
I wrap it back up, and put it inside
The fridge where it will safely hide
Until tomorrow, after I rest
And get that feeling in my chest
When I wake with want and great desire
The need for my truffle will be dire
Until then, my dear chocolate friend
I'll be anticipating when we meet again

5 comments:

  1. Lovely lovely lovely. Now I want a truffle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Love it! I love that it's not serious at all, but it's still quality poetry. Keep it up! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo's enough to make my mouth water! Isn't chocolate the very best of all food?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those truffles look yummy - thus far, my homemade truffles haven't exactly turned out. ;D

    ReplyDelete

“I like good strong words that mean something…”
― Louisa May Alcott

Be a dear and leave a comment <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...