Dearest Rebecca,.....


Dearest Rebecca,
The letter which now lies in your hands (that is, if in fact you are reading this letter) had quite the difficult journey.
I know the troubles that the postman and my other delivery sources had in attempting to place this letter in your mailbox. Considering I have to send this by rowboat, train, foot and even by an owl. I just hope you receive my words with joy!
 From the destination in which I am residing at the moment, in the middle of nowhere, without any means of communication, I am pleased to inform you that I am doing fairly well indeed. --
 If it weren't for the unfortunate facts that I have only a quill, a pot of ink, aged paper and a small ration of food and water.
  Please don't feel any sympathy for me; it's been quite an adventure.
But I am hoping by the time you obtain this letter, I will have already found my way home, safe and sound.

Sadly, this letter is a bit pointless. I am writing you, merely to let you know that I'm alive and well at the present moment---
unless the wolves descend and devour me. So I send you my best wishes and regards as I chase down my next meal.
And I will think of you sitting in a big, comfy chair reading a pleasant book, thinking pleasant things, while you sip your hot tea. Instead of fabricating a fishing pole or some other hunting implement in hopes to satisfy your hunger.

Inside the envelope you will find a few things I have gathered on my travels.

I must go and find shelter now, as it is becoming rather gusty out here.

Cordially,
Kate. L

post script: Had it not been for a slip of paper with your address on it, I wouldn't have been able to write to you.

Comments

  1. I love this. It's mysterious and reminds me of many mysterious letters I've written and received myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment.Great blog.-julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, that is so creative. I am very intrigued! The letter was beautiful and a pleasure to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how very interesting
    a work of art both you and your writing is,
    -ps. i find my self at random times wishing i had something
    to write with for those random thoughts that seems really good
    right then and there but by the time i find something i forget what
    it was i had thought of-

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! I love how you did this and the handwriting is lovely. And aged paper? *swoon* Keep it up, dearie!
    --

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment



Be a dear and leave a comment

Popular Posts