Ode to Rain


It rained last night. The first rain of the season. I didn't get to see it rain though--such a pity. I woke up this morning to a wet porch and a damp, darkened street. It was beautiful. It reminded me of a poem that I wrote about two years ago. And about all of my fantastic camera adventures.

Ode to Rain

O how I love
The sound of the
Rain. The feeling
Of it running down
My skin. The coolness
And peacefulness of
The rain in the evening.
Rain in the evening
Illuminated by a full
Moon. So beautiful.
I walk in the
Rain. Rain streaming
Down my face, collecting
On my eyelashes. My
Clothes heavy and damp
With rain,
Press the cold against
My skin.
O to miss out on this
Natural beauty of the
World would be a
Shame.
Rain makes me feel
Calm, almost as if it
Washes my worries
Away.
Forget the umbrellas
And the raincoats
Let's just go walking
In the rain!


~Rain, I love you. I always will. Remembrance is lovely


Comments

  1. This is lovely! Rain is such a dear thing, no? It's a shame we don't get more here in CA.

    Thank you so much for the encouraging note you left in my garden, by the way!

    Lovely blog. Lovely poem. ;)
    Much love and many blessings,
    Grace
    >>-----> joyfully tending her garden @ gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment



Be a dear and leave a comment

Popular Posts