25 Things I've Learned in 25 Years

In honor of my birthday yesterday, I wanted to compose a list of things I have learned in my 25 years living on this beautiful earth. I've learned so much in that amount of time, that I only listed the big things I felt have been most important to me. Here's to being 25!



25 Things I Have Learned in 25 Years


1. Do not seek approval from others

2. Being different from the rest of the world is a good thing

3. Never underestimate the power of a good cry and a nap

4. A college degree doesn't guarantee you a good job

5. Marriage is HARD

6. Actions speak louder than words

7. Attending church doesn't equate to spirituality

8. Practicality and comfort win over fashion, EVERY. TIME.

9. Don't be so obsessed with living a healthy life that you forget to enjoy your life

10. God answers prayers in His own time

11. "Never go to bed angry" is the crappiest marriage advice 

12. You won't always be someone's cup of tea, and that is completely okay

13. If you're uncertain about something, RESEARCH IT! From every side

14. Sometimes I need to be an anti-social recluse in order to recharge

15. Keep fighting for truth, even when it may not be popular

16. I'd rather have true, genuine friends or no friends at all

17. Don't allow your OCD nature to overpower your ability to live in the moment

18. Setting goals are the first step to achieving any dream

19. Always keep dreaming bigger and better dreams

20. The ability to adapt to any given situation is CRUCIAL

21. Don't allow things you have no control over to control your emotions

22. Spending time out in nature is healing 

23. Sleeping in past noon may feel good at the moment, but you'll regret it once you wake up and realize you wasted your day

24. You hold the power to change your life

25. Cutting negativity out of your life improves your happiness and mindset

(26. A golden birthday doesn't feel any different than the other birthdays)

Comments

Popular Posts