rainy day marvel

photos by moi

It's a rainy, gray Tuesday morning as I glance out my bedroom window. I quickly grab my camera and raincoat and head out the door. I pull the hood over my head and I start to look for interesting things to photograph.
I walk around the yard until I pause, pondering a puddle. I snap a picture and continue to look around the rain soaked landscape.
Even with my hood on, rain streams down my face. I look up and gaze at the sky, as the rain collects on my eyelashes.
The whole scene outside is so green and wet it seems almost alien. An intriguing shrub with peculiar buds catches my eye. I get closer to examine one of the buds. I see a raindrop clinging to the bud for dear life, so I capture the moment with my camera. Seconds later, the raindrop plummets to the ground, blending with all the other lost raindrops.


Comments

  1. I love your description of your experience. I find myself drawn to take pictures of some really mundane things because something about them in that moment grabs me. And your pictures are always interesting and beautiful, just like your words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I greatly appreciate your comment, Tamara. It made me smile :)

      Delete
  2. Aww I love this. Photography adventures in the rain are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and then the first picture. ermigersh. just perfectly captures the wonder of rain. its just awesome.
    and you commented on my blog like forever ago, and i never saw it. and i saw it today and it was like a nice little brown package tied up with string that totally made my day. so thanks for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore finding little stories about this and that, along with such incredible pictures. It's the little things in life that make your day, after all. (:

    --Daniela

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment



Be a dear and leave a comment

Popular Posts